Enabled Unknown Sources will allow you to install some of the most popular Kodi builds – like installing the Xanax Build!
Due to the increase in Piracy, Kodi disabled the ability to install from unknown sources by default, but do not worry, a simple setting tweak can fix this issue. Keep reading to learn how to enable unknown sources on Kodi.
A quick visit to this application’s Settings will reveal how to enable Unknown Sources on Kodi.
As you’re about to see, this process is incredibly simple and takes only a few moments of your time. And we’re going to show you how this is done on Kodi 18 Leia. However, the same process applies to earlier Kodi versions as well.
Warning: Why you must NOT USE Kodi without VPN?
YOUR IP ADDRESS IS EXPOSED
Your IP: 22.214.171.124
USE A VPN AND HIDE YOUR ACTIVITY!
Here are the reasons that you should consider looking at it without SKIPPING.
- Using ILLEGAL Kodi Addons are Dangerous without a VPN: Most of the Kodi users are installing the ILLEGAL Kodi addons on their system to access all the latest movies, TV shows, sports, music, and much more for FREE, than a legal Kodi addon where it has the least content in it. But do you know what? The video content on illegal addons are a scraped and copyrighted material. If you are accessing them on Kodi, then your activities will be monitored by your ISP by tracking your IP and gives all the information to the government or companies if they request for it. This will land you in trouble. To stay away from this, you will have to connect to a VPN where it hides your identity by rotating your IP address while streaming Kodi content. This is how you will be safe from the prying eyes.
- Bypass Geo-Restriction: As you probably know, some official addons like BBC iPlayer, NBC Sports, Hulu, IceFilms have geo-location restrictions. This also applies to other addons like Acestream which fetches the data from torrents. To unblock these restrictions, you will have to DEFINITELY use a VPN no matter what.
The above are the 2 reasons that forcing us to recommend a VPN to the Kodi users for safer streaming. In fact, after testing several VPNs for Kodi, we finally came up with a one non-stop solution and that is IPVanish – the #1 voted Best VPN for Kodi so far.
Limited Time Offer: For our readers, there is a up to 60% off IP Vanish which has increased to 73% off for a limited time only – the offer will expire after the date, so be quick!
How to enable Unknown Sources on Kodi.
- Make sure that Kodi is open and that you’re on its Home Page;
- Now click on the gear icon located in the top-left corner. You can find it below the application’s logo;
- At this moment, you will enter the application’s Settings;
- You need to click on ‘System’ on the right side of the screen. Please note that this option is called ‘System Settings‘ in earlier Kodi versions.
- In the left-placed sidebar, hover over ‘Add-ons’;
- On the right, click on ‘Unknown Sources’;
- You will be presented a warning message against enabling this option. You can feel free to continue by clicking on ‘Yes’;
- To make sure everything’s set properly, double-check if a toggle next to ‘Unknown Sources’ is set to ON
Read More Kodi Tutorials
That’s it! You now have ‘install from unknown sources’ enabled on Kodi!